Course Specific Research Support for BA 292: Home
Accounting Capstone course outcomes related to research skills
Other indicators of required research or information seeking:
From the Course Activities:
- Completing an ethics case study.
From the Course Content:
- Professional communication
- Financial analysis
Bridging competencies to support research and information seeking at this level:
- Differentiate fact from opinion and identify bias
- Use background research to build context for a topic
- Understand discipline-specific terms and concepts
Corresponding research and information seeking outcomes for BA 292
- Identify types of information required to support financial analysis
- Locate relevant examples or case studies to guide ethical decision making
- Identify information providers for reliable and relevant data
Librarian Instructional Objectives:
- Locate reliable sources for news and data to determine business performance
- Identify relevant examples of profitable business decisions and types of transactions
- Identify directories of corporate and business managers
Knowledge Practices and Dispositions
Oregon Library Standards Learning Goals
Placement of courses on an Information Literacy Continuum
|Student's Developmental Stage
Connecting to College
1. I know where the library is located and about some of the services provided.
2. I can identify a topic, and identify useful information sources to read about it.
Information Literacy Skills
3. I can develop a topic statement, locate and use library sources, and begin informational research.
Academic or Career/ Technical Related
4. I evaluate the sources I have found for relevancy to my field, and I know who some of the experts are.
Inquiry and Exploration for Research
5. I can identify pro- and con-positions on a topic. I can identify the perspectives of various experts in a field.
Discipline- or Area of Study Specific
6. I can support my position on an issue with evidence. I can accurately summarize the scholarly or professional conversation.