Course Specific Research Support for BA 205: Home
Business Communication Using Technology course outcomes related to research skills:
Other indicators of required research or information seeking:
From the Outcome and Assessment Strategies:
"The methods used may include one or more of the following tools: examinations, quizzes, homework assignments, professional journal reviews, research papers, small group projects, oral presentations or maintenance of a journal."
Bridging competencies to support research and information seeking at this level:
- Navigate to library web site, and database list
- Differentiate commercial information from critical information sources
- Identify synonyms for topic words
Corresponding research and information seeking outcomes for BA 205
- Identify sources for peer reviewed research reports
- Identify sources evidence-based research
- Select sources for peer reviewed and evidence-based research
- Incorporate sources into writing, with proper citation
Librarian Instructional Objectives:
- Select relevant library database(s) to search for peer-reviewed research reports
- Identify and select sources for electronically published journal articles or datasets
- Select sources relevant to a specific topic
- Identify indicators for citing
Knowledge Practices and Dispositions
Oregon Library Standards Learning Goals
Placement of courses on an Information Literacy Continuum
|Student's Developmental Stage
Connecting to College
1. I know where the library is located and about some of the services provided.
2. I can identify a topic, and identify useful information sources to read about it.
Information Literacy Skills
3. I can develop a topic statement, locate and use library sources, and begin informational research.
Academic or Career/ Technical Related
4. I evaluate the sources I have found for relevancy to my field, and I know who some of the experts are.
Inquiry and Exploration for Research
5. I can identify pro- and con-positions on a topic. I can identify the perspectives of various experts in a field.
Discipline- or Area of Study Specific
6. I can support my position on an issue with evidence. I can accurately summarize the scholarly or professional conversation.