Video Production: Recommended Books and Videos
- The conversations : Walter Murch and the art of editing film byISBN: 9780676974744
- Digital Filmmaking for Beginners byISBN: 9780071791366Publication Date: 2012-04-02
- The DSLR Filmmaker's Handbook byISBN: 9780470876602Publication Date: 2012-01-03
- In the Blink of an Eye byPublication Date: 2001-08-01
- Lighting for Digital Video and Television byISBN: 9780240812274Publication Date: 2010-04-26
- Matchmoving byISBN: 0782144039Publication Date: 2005-03-18
The library subscribes to two streaming video services: Kanopy and Films on Demand. Kanopy, in particular, is a rich source for Video Production. The collection includes tons of film making technique videos, lots of film studies videos, and a wealth of important full-length documentaries.
- Kanopy Streaming Videos This link opens in a new windowStreaming videos organized by subject, for academic research as well as general interest. Contains many genres, from documentaries to movies to training videos. Publishers include BBC, California Newsreel, Criterion Collection, First Run Features, New Day Films, PBS, etc.
Note: Kanopy does not support Windows 7 and Internet Explorer. If you are having trouble viewing Kanopy videos, you may need to upgrade or change your browser. See What Desktop Browsers and Systems are Supported by Kanopy and How to Troubleshoot Browser Issues for additional help.
- Films on Demand This link opens in a new windowThousands of high-resolution streaming videos organized by subject. For academic research as well as general interest, this collection includes archival and newsreel films as well as career and technical videos.