OER - Open Educational Resources: Adopt
PCC Adoption Steps
- Consider possible sources of funding for your efforts @PCC.
- Submit your student savings info so that we can count your good work!
- Work with the print shop and bookstore to offer optional printed copies of your open materials. See "Print Copies of Open Resources" below.
- Contact Disability Services to request an an accessibility evaluation of the materials or to request technical assistance. You can call 971-722-TECH (971-722-8324) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consider notifying your SAC chairs as well as your division deans.
- Talk to your colleagues about your OER experiences. Consider presenting to your SAC.
Print Copies of Open Resources
Currently, PCC is set up to offer printed copies of open resources as course packets, but since these items are flexibly copyrighted, students do not pay for royalties- only production costs.
1. Contact Angie Hooper email@example.com in the print shop.
Send her a PDF of the file you’d like to have printed.
Decide what sort of printing/binding you would like.
Dona will create a "job number" that she sends to you and the bookstore.
You can use this "job number" to set up orders with the bookstore in the future.
2. Contact Sara Bachenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the bookstore to make sure your print job is matched to the right course.
Decide how many copies to make available for students through the bookstore.
If more copies are needed, the turnaround should be about day or so, and students will have free access to your .PDF through D2L or some other online mechanism.
3. Students go to the bookstore to buy the printed copy.
The cost to students will be print shop costs plus ~23% bookstore markup.
4. As soon as you can message enrolled students, let them know that they have free online access to your text and that they can choose to print segments out.
The complete, printed copy in the bookstore is an optional purchase.