Sustainability Education Resources
Content curated by PCC's SPARC (Sustainable Practices for Academics and Resources Council).
- AASHE Association for the Advance of Sustainability in Higher EducationAASHE’s mission is to empower higher education to lead the sustainability transformation by providing resources, professional development, and a network of support to enable institutions of higher education to model and advance sustainability from governance and operations to education and research.
- Campaign for Environmental LiteracyThe Campaign for Environmental Literacy provides a voice and the tools to advocate for increased federal funding for environmental, ocean, conservation and sustainability education.
- The Higher Education Academy: Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in Higher EducationWe support academics, senior management and students meet the challenge of addressing education for sustainable development (ESD) across HE. The United Nations describes ESD as a means of "enabling students to develop the attributes, behaviors and skills needed to work and live in a way that safeguards ecological, social and economic wellbeing, both in the present and for future generations". The HE sector is ideally positioned to make a critical contribution to sustainable development through its research and teaching. This view is supported by HEFCE.
Progress in ESD requires the reorientation of entire educational systems, making large-‐scale shifts in curriculum priorities, policy and practice. While sustainability research has accelerated in recent years, existing academic processes and structures have made limited progress in curriculum development.
- The Journal of Sustainability EducationThe Journal of Sustainability Education (JSE) serves as a forum for academics and practitioners to
share, critique, and promote research, practices, and initiatives that foster the integration of economic, ecological, and social-‐cultural dimensions of sustainability within formal and non-‐ formal educational contexts.
- PCC Library Climate Change research guideCreated by PCC librarians in collaboration with PCC staff, faculty and students, this guide provides resources on climate change and global warming from the perspective of the disciplines of science, social science and humanities.
- Sustainability Education Framework for Teachers: Developing Sustainability Literacy through Futures, Values, Systems, and Strategic ThinkingBy Annie Warren, Leanna Archambault and Rider W. Foley. Full Article with Videos.
- Teaching Climate Change in the Community CollegePCC guide compiling resources about best practices for teaching climate change in community college classes across the disciplines. Includes resources on climate justice, climate grief, climate denial, climate change and the brain, and links to curriculum.
- Last Updated: Feb 17, 2023 2:59 PM
- URL: https://guides.pcc.edu/sparc
- Print Page
Tags: archived, sparc, sustainability