Climate change - the basics
Climate change is an extraordinarily complex issue, affecting all aspects of human life and every academic discipline. This guide provides resources for understanding and researching climate change.
Use this guide to find resources about
- the basics of climate change—see below
- information sources for researching climate change—learn about the different formats of information on the issue, and how to use these formats for a college research project
- solutions—what is being done to address climate change, and who is doing this work
- advocacy and organizing—grass-roots organizational work in response to climate change
- climate grief—the anxiety and grief that the climate crisis is causing
- climate justice—the equity lens for understanding a crisis in which those who did the least to create the problem are suffering the harshest impacts
- climate denial—the psychological and political reasons why people deny or ignore the climate crisis
- PCC Climate Action Plan—PCC's 2021 comprehensive plan to be carbon neutral by 2040!
Learn the basics of climate change from trusted sources
National Climate Assessment - Climate Change Risks and Opportunities in the U.S.
The Fifth National Climate Assessment is the US Government’s preeminent report on climate change impacts, risks, and responses. It is a congressionally mandated interagency effort that provides the scientific foundation to support informed decision-making across the United States. Released November 2023.
Recommended web resources
Latest climate change news from the New York Times
Recommended books and videos
- Last Updated: Nov 20, 2023 4:04 PM
- URL: https://guides.pcc.edu/climatechange
- Print Page