Adult Education / GED: Books
Print and ebooks at PCC Library
Find a print or ebook to help you learn academic skills or just for fun! PCC library has fiction and nonfiction books in a wide range of topics and genres. Print books checkout for six weeks, and can usually be renewed.
- Recommended books (librarian recommended popular fiction and nonfiction titles)
- GED prep books (available in print and online)
Recommended E-Books Available Through PCC Library
- Beloved byStaring unflinchingly into the abyss of slavery, this spellbinding New York Times bestseller transforms history into a story. Sethe was born a slave and escaped to Ohio, but eighteen years later she is still not free. She has too many memories of Sweet Home, the beautiful farm where so many hideous things happened. Fiction. 324 pages. Available as ebook
- Brown Girl Dreaming byIn vivid poems, Woodson shares what it was like to grow up as an African American in the 1960s and 1970s, living with the remnants of Jim Crow and her growing awareness of the Civil Rights movement. Nonfiction. 368 pages. Available as ebook
- Switch byPsychologists have discovered that our minds are ruled by two different systems--the rational mind and the emotional mind--that compete for control. The rational mind wants a great beach body; the emotional mind wants that Oreo cookie. The rational mind wants to change something at work; the emotional mind loves the comfort of the existing routine. This tension can doom a change effort--but if it is overcome, change can come quickly. Nonfiction. 305 pages. Available as ebook
- There There byTommy Orange's wondrous and shattering novel follows twelve characters from Native communities: all traveling to the Big Oakland Powwow, all connected to one another in ways they may not yet realize. Fiction. 294 pages . Available as ebook
- We Have Always Been Here bySamra Habib has spent most of her life searching for the safety to be herself. The men in her life wanted to police her, the women in her life had only shown her the example of pious obedience, and her body was a problem to be solved.
So begins an exploration of faith, art, love, and queer sexuality, a journey that takes her to the far reaches of the globe to uncover a truth that was within her all along. Nonfiction. 240 pages. Available as ebook
How to search for books at PCC Library
Find Books, Articles, DVDs, and more
Accessing Popular Books, Videos, and Audiobooks Online
Great books are available to read or listen to on your phone or computer.
- Browse for titles in PCC Library's Overdrive Collection
- Learn how to access print and ebooks from public libraries
- Access ebooks through the Open Library
- Scroll through the list of recommended books in this guide for a genre that interests you, looking for "Available as ebook" or "Available as audiobook" under the book's description
Not finding what you are looking for? Recommend an ebook or audiobook for the library to purchase.