Adult Education / GED: Getting Started
What does PCC Library have for you?
Welcome to PCC Library! We're glad you are here.
Learn about Visiting the Library in Person
Check out print books or DVDs, or find ebooks or streaming videos to view online. (Video tutorial)
Use computers, printers or scanners in the library, or checkout equipment to take home.
Find GED tutorials and practice tests in Learning Express Library.
Talk to a librarian via chat or make an appointment for a video conference -- 7 days/week!
In this guide you will find:
- Test prep - Practice the GED and other tests online. Study guides online and books in print.
- Technology - Tools for improving your computer skills, and technology for checkout
- Books - Get books from the PCC Library, as well as other libraries.
- Magazine articles - Find magazines articles and read them online.
- Get Help - Get help from a librarian 24x7, get support from a tutor, or find a handout or tutorial to help you with your research.
See below for links to other useful resources, including CommonLit (English and Spanish), ReadWorks and Quill.
- CommonLitA free collection of hundreds of short stories, poems, famous speeches, historical documents and more. Used by ABE classes at PCC.
CommonLit in Spanish
- CommonLit in SpanishReadings in science and technology, the environment, cultures and more. For grades 3-12,
- ReadWorksReadWorks provides instructional materials and tools that are designed for immediate use within your classrooms.
Chat a Librarian for Help
Need to talk to a librarian? Use our chat system. Click the button to open the chat window.Chat with a Librarian!
Research Help Appointments
Schedule an appointment with a librarian to get help finding and citing information. Learn more about Library Research Help Appointments.
Need help with your assignment? Make an online appointment with a research librarian.
Make an in-person appointment with a research librarian.