Geography: Find Books & Articles
Find Articles with Academic Search Premier
Find Articles with Google Scholar
Before searching, be sure to set PCC as your library in your browser by:
- Visiting the link to set "Library Links" settings for Google Scholar,
- using the search box to search for "Portland Community College",
- checking the check box that appears underneath the search to select “Portland Community College – Find it @ PCC”,
- and then selecting the Save button.
This will ensure that when you search Google Scholar in your browser, you will see Find It @ PCC links to full text if we have the article (Google Scholar sometimes also provides links to other free sources for full text).
You can learn more about setting Google Scholar preferences on the PCC Library Website.
Search these databases to find articles on topics related to geography. I would also suggest looking at the full list of library databases, as geographical research can be multidisciplinary. Some research projects might require searching areas such as geology, environmental science, history, sociology, and anthropology.
Find Books, Articles, DVDs, and more
Getting a book from the PCC Library
- Enter a search in the PCC Library search box.
- If the book you want has a linked message starting with Available at..., and the book is available on your home campus, write down the location and call number.
- If the book is available from another campus, click on the "Request item" button in the "Get It" section, (NOTE: You will need to login with your MyPCC username and password after clicking the blue "Sign in" button to see the "Request item" button), and specify the campus to which you'd like the book to be sent.
- If the book is not available from PCC, you can order it from Summit using the "Request from another Summit library (about 5 days)" button (located in the "Get It" section); and if not available from Summit, request it through Interlibrary Loan.
Getting a book we don't have through Summit
If we don't have a book, chances are we can get it for you!
When you find an item with a Check holdings message that means the book is not in our collection or is checked out. You may be able to request the book from a library in our region. If you don't see the "Request from another Summit library (about 5 days)" link button, you will need to log in with your MyPCC username and password after you click the blue "Sign in" button.
Items requested through Summit can be delivered to any PCC Library at no cost for pick-up in 2-5 days. An email to your MyPCC account will notify you when your item is ready for pick up. PCC students and staff can visit any Summit library and borrow items directly with your PCC photo ID. Return your borrowed items to any PCC library.