Sign Language Interpreting: Getting Started
Guide to research in sign language, deaf culture, and interpretation.
In this Guide
This guide is designed to help students do research for ASL and sign language interpreting classes and to help students and faculty find resources on deaf culture, ASL, and interpreting in the library.
Use the tabs above to navigate through the other pages of the guide:
Introduction to the Library Website and Library Services
This 5:24 video provides an overview of the library website and highlights some of the Library's most popular collections and services.
Find Books, Articles, DVDs, and more
Search the following database to find articles related to your research topic.
- Index to Deaf PeriodicalsSearch Gallaudet's Index to selected deaf studies publications.
- Academic Search Premier This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 4,500 scholarly social sciences, humanities, general science, education and multi-cultural journals. 3,700 are peer-reviewed.
- Professional Development Collection This link opens in a new windowA highly specialized collection of over 500 full text journals, designed for professional educators.
- Educator's Reference Complete (Gale OneFile) This link opens in a new windowA collection of more than 1,100 periodicals and 200 reports for any educator -- from the school teacher and administrator to those studying at the collegiate and graduate level.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowFull text of over 1000 scholarly journals in the arts and sciences, from their earliest issues up to 3-5 years ago. Does not include current issues of the journals. Video tutorials are available.
Chat with a Librarian
Need to talk to a librarian? Use our chat system. Click the button to open the chat window.Chat with a Librarian!