In This Guide
This guide is designed to help students who are doing a project or assignment that involves writing and research.
Use the tabs to navigate through the other pages of the guide:
- Find a Topic - Get ideas and background information, including books and websites.
- Find Sources - Find books, articles, videos, and more for your research.
- Find Articles - Recommended databases for finding published articles and other published writing.
- Peer Review - Peer review explained.
- Evaluate Sources - How to determine whether the sources you've found really meet your needs.
- Cite Sources - Help with MLA citations and manuscript formatting.
- Grammar - Which or that? They're or their? Me or I? Get help with grammar!
- Get Help - Get help from a librarian 24x7, get support from a tutor, or find a handout or tutorial to help you with your research.
Find Books, Articles, DVDs, and more
Schedule an appointment with a librarian
- Schedule an appointment for Research Help with a librarianSchedule an appointment to get uninterrupted individual time with a librarian. A reference librarian is like a tutor for finding and citing information. They can work with you on coming up with a research topic or question; finding credible and useful information on the web or in a library database; evaluating sources and citing them.
We offer 30-minute appointments, either online or on the phone. To make an appointment, select an available date and time on the Appointment calendar. Once you have made your request, a librarian will be in touch with details about your appointment. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
Be sure to log in with your PCC email address when prompted and then sign in with your normal PCC username and password. Make sure you are not using a personal (non-PCC) Gmail account to book the appointment.
Chat a Librarian for Help
Need to talk to a librarian? Use our chat system. Click the button to open the chat window.Chat with a Librarian!
Writing courses with outcomes related to research and information seeking
- WR 121HZ: Composition I: Honors
- WR 122Z: Composition II: Honors