Photography: Additional Resources
Resources for photography.
- Art and Architecture films from Films on DemandAll the videos in the Art and Architecture collection of Films on Demand collection are available to stream online.
- Photography videos from Kanopy Streaming VideosKanopy Streaming Videos offers hundreds of streaming videos on the history of photography, interviews with photographers and technique films.
Test Methods for Photo Prints
Features Henry Wilhem discussing the twelve major current digital photographic processes.
- Portland Art MuseumThe oldest museum in the Pacific Northwest, the Portland Art Museum is internationally recognized for their collection.
The Portland Art Museum offers a College Creative License to students with a valid student ID that includes unlimited admission for a year for a nominal fee.
- George Eastman House International Museum of Photography and FilmThe George Eastman House includes collections of French and American photographs, films of all genres, and the world's largest collection of photographic and cinematographic equipment. Their site also hosts an online collection that you can search or browse.
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Los AngelesDevoted to art produced from 1940 to present in all mediums.
- Tacoma Art MuseumThe collection of the Tacoma Art Museum focuses on Western American Art including a permanent collection of Dale Chihuly's work.
- Listing of Portland Art Galleriesby Art-Collecting.com. Includes a Portland Gallery Guide, Artists websites, and other art resources.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art"The Met" is located in New York, New York, but has travelling collections located around the world.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art also has MetMedia that includes videos and audio podcasts from curators and artists about art-related topics.
- Museum of Modern ArtKnown as MoMA, The Museum of Modern Art located in New York, New York has a collection world renowned collection of modern and contemporary art. Some of the collection can be viewed via the site.
Art in Oregon
- Oregon ArtswatchOregon ArtsWatch is a non-profit arts and culture journalism project that explores the arts and their intersection with the wider culture in Oregon and the Northwest.