Humanities: Get Started
This guide is designed to help students do research for PCC Humanities classes.
Use the tabs to navigate through the other pages of the guide:
- Disciplines - Find resources about how the disciplines within the humanities define the good life.
- Books and videos - Find books, ebooks, DVDs, streaming videos and more for your research.
- Article databases - Find published encyclopedia, magazine and scholarly journal articles in library databases.
- Websites - Recommended resources on the free web.
- Get Help - Get help from a librarian 24x7, get support from a tutor, or find a handout or tutorial to help you with your research.
HARTS: The Humanities 101 at Portland Community College
The PCC HARTS Initiative was founded in 2016 on the premise that the humanities and arts should be an essential component of education in the 21st century. Because the humanities and arts lie at the heart of every human culture, they are essential for understanding cultures and navigating differences. A central goal of the HARTS Initiative is to promote study in the humanities and arts as a pathway towards better communication and critical thinking skills, preparation for a broad variety of careers and most importantly a civically engaged life.
Learn more about the Humanities at Portland Community College in this 3.5 minute video.
Introduction to the Library Website and Library Services
This 5:26 video provides an overview of the library website and highlights some of the Library's most popular collections and services.