History - Holocaust: Getting Started
Here are some sample searches for books and videos in our library catalog. You can limit it to online resources by clicking on the check box next to "Full Text Online" on the left side of the screen and then clicking "Apply Filter." If you are looking for articles, use some of these search terms in one of our Databases.
holocaust (also searches Shoah) For stories by individuals, use holocaust - personal narratives
holocaust denial Note: This is books about the holocaust denial movement. The books that are written by holocaust deniers are found with the holocaust search. If you want to read it, it might be easiest to identify one from a website, and then look for that title.
national socialism and nazi party
fascism. Fascism is a term for the political philosophy that advocates the supremacy of a national or ethnic group, contempt for democracy, and advocacy for a single authoritarian national leader. The Nazis were fascists, but there were many fascist countries in Europe that shared some traits of the Nazi party, but not others. Italy under Mussolini was the first. Other fascist nations included Germany, Spain, and Hungary.
- Artists for the Reich: culture and race from Weimar to Nazi Germany byISBN: 1845202007Publication Date: 2005-04-01
- The Swastika byISBN: 041510095XPublication Date: 1994-12-05
- Nazi Impact on a German Village byISBN: 1322594880Publication Date: 2015-01-01
- Demonizing the Jews: Luther and the Protestant Church in Nazi Germany C byISBN: 025300098XPublication Date: 2012-06-08
- EBSCOhost This link opens in a new windowSearch from a wide range of research databases for magazine and journal articles. Updated daily. View the EBSCOhost handout
Mobile URL: EBSCOhost Mobile
- Gale Ebooks (formerly GVRL) This link opens in a new windowGale eBooks has over 200 encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. Look here for biology, chemistry, nursing and medicine, sociology, history, education, law, and more.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowFull text of over 1000 scholarly journals in the arts and sciences, from their earliest issues up to 3-5 years ago. Does not include current issues of the journals. Video tutorials are available.
- U.S. History (Gale OneFile) This link opens in a new windowThis collection of over 40 journals provides balanced coverage of both current thought and events in U.S. History, as well as scholarly work being established in the field. Useful both to the novice historian and to the advanced academic researcher.
- U.S. History (Gale In Context) This link opens in a new windowA collection of full text periodicals, reference works, and primary sources as well as scholarly analyses. Images, videos, and audio recordings bring additional perspectives to United States history from pre-colonial times to the present.