- University of Minnesota Copyright Information and ResourcesA really terrific and easy-to-use website for all things copyright in higher ed.
- Columbia University Copyright Advisory OfficeAnother great university copyright site. Clear information.
- Library Advisory Network ResourcesThe "Copyright Genie", the Fair Use Evaluator, the Public Domain slider, the Section 108 spinner, and the Exceptions for Instructors eTool are all nifty tools provided by this project of the American Library Association.
- Association of Research Libraries - CopyrightGreat resources from ARL, especially the Code of Best Practices.
American Library Association Copyright Advisory Network Tools
The American Library Association has developed a number of web-based tools designed to help you work with copyrighted materials, including:
- The Fair Use EvaluatorHelps walk you through a fair use analysis
- Copyright GenieHelps you find out if a work is covered by U.S. copyright, calculate its terms of protection, and collects and publishes the results (as a PDF) to save for your records or further vet with a copyright specialist.
- Public Domain SliderThis tool helps you determine whether or not a given work is in the public domain.
- Exemptions for Instructors E-ToolThe U.S. Copyright Code provides for the educational use of copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder under certain conditions. This tool helps you determine if your intended use meets the requirements.
- Complete Copyright by Carrie RussellISBN: 0838935435Publication Date: 2004-07-01
- Copyfraud and Other Abuses of Intellectual Property Law by Jason MazzoneISBN: 9780804760065Publication Date: 2011-10-05
- The Copyright Handbook by Stephen FishmanISBN: 9781413320480Publication Date: 2014-10-31
- Freedom of Expression by Kembrew McLeod; Lawrence Lessig (Foreword by)ISBN: 9780816650316Publication Date: 2007-03-08
- How to Fix Copyright by William PatryISBN: 9780199760091Publication Date: 2012-01-04
- Reclaiming Fair Use by Patricia Aufderheide; Peter JasziISBN: 9780226032276Publication Date: 2011-08-15
- Last Updated: Apr 17, 2023 1:21 PM
- URL: https://guides.pcc.edu/copyright
- Print Page
Tags: copyright, creative commons, fair use