CG 105: Getting Scholarships: Scholarships
First Choice -- PCC Foundation
As long as you are a student at PCC, your first stop should be the PCC Foundation Scholarships. These scholarships are exclusively for PCC students, funded by PCC and its donors. Take advantage of this amazing resource while you are here!
Second Choice -- Oregon Resident Scholarships
There are some grants that are available only to Oregon residents attending college in Oregon. This website:
is the official site for the state of Oregon's Office of Student Access and Completion. They have a directory of grants and scholarships available to Oregon college students. They have a standardized application form that you can fill in and save online.
1. In the Green Bar, click on Scholarships
2. Click on the button that says Apply Here!
3. Create an account on the OSAC Student Portal website and fill out the application. One application helps you apply for over 500 scholarships so this is one you do not want to miss! Fill out the form!
Chat or Text a Librarian for Help
Third Choice -- Oregon Career Information System
The Oregon Career Information System is a great tool for career planning and for looking for scholarship options. It is operated by the University of Oregon and is available to you as a PCC student, but you will need to login to your MyPCC account in order to access its resources.
- Login to MyPCC and go to My Courses. Look for the Career Planning Works box and click on the Oregon CIS link.
- In the menu bar, go to Explore Resources and then go to Education and Training.
- You should see a box that says Tools for Scholarships -- under it are links to search scholarships. The Scholarship Sort tool is especially handy if you're just starting out. It will ask you questions about yourself and your plan of study and will suggest scholarships based on your answers.
- Most of these scholarships require that you visit a separate website and apply for each one separately. You can find some real gems on this website that fit you, but be prepared: it can be time consuming!
Searching Online for More Scholarships
Looking for Print Books
At the library, you can find and check out print books that have lists and descriptions of scholarships. The call number of that section is: 378.73. If you don't know what that means, ask a librarian! Some of the scholarship books can be checked out and some have to stay in the library. Ask if you're not sure which is which.