Course Specific Research Support for HE 242: Home
Stress and Human Health course outcomes related to research skills:
Other indicators of required research or information seeking:
From the Outcome and Assessment Strategies:
"Presentations or projects."
From the Course Content:
"Explore current research in stress psychophysiology."
Bridging competencies to support research and information seeking at this level:
- Adapt keywords for effective searching
- Locate databases and online catalog on library home page
Corresponding research and information seeking outcomes for HE 242
1. Select and search relevant library databases for articles about chosen topic
2. Identify indicators of authority and reliability in information sources
3. Compare data and statistics on trends health related stress prevention and treatment from various information sources
Librarian Instructional Objectives:
1. Identify relevant databases for topical information, and select readable and reliable articles
2. Use peer-reviewed limit for searching library databases, and other indicators of authority such as government agencies and research organizations
3. Identify sources for current and reliable data
Placement of courses on an Information Literacy Continuum
|Student's Developmental Stage
Connecting to College
1. I know where the library is located and about some of the services provided.
2. I can identify a topic, and identify useful information sources to read about it.
Information Literacy Skills
3. I can develop a topic statement, locate and use library sources, and begin informational research.
Academic or Career/ Technical Related
4. I evaluate the sources I have found for relevancy to my field, and I know who some of the experts are.
Inquiry and Exploration for Research
5. I can identify pro- and con-positions on a topic. I can identify the perspectives of various experts in a field.
Discipline- or Area of Study Specific
6. I can support my position on an issue with evidence. I can accurately summarize the scholarly or professional conversation.