Academic Integrity: Penalty
Academic Integrity resources for faculty
PCC Academic Dishonesty Report Form
- The formshould be filed in the division office, with copies sent to the campus Dean of Student Development and the Dean of Instruction.
Penalties for academic dishonesty, according to the Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook:
If a student is found guilty of violating academic integrity, any one or a combination of the following penalties may be imposed by the faculty member:
- Verbal or written warning.
- A grade of "F" or "NP" for the assignment, project, or examination.
The following penalty may be imposed by the faculty member only after a hearing conducted by the division dean:
- A grade of "F" or "NP" for the course, overriding a student withdrawal from the course.
The Dean of Student Development may also issue the following disciplinary sanctions, in accordance with the Code of Student Conduct:
- Disciplinary admonition and warning.
- Disciplinary probation with or without the loss of privileges for a definite period of time. The violation of the terms of the disciplinary probation or the breaking of any college rule during the probation period may be grounds for suspension or expulsion from the college.
- Suspension from Portland Community College for a definite period of time. (i.e., suspension of the privilege to attend Portland Community College).
- Expulsion from Portland Community College (i.e., removal of the privilege to attend Portland Community College).