Your Career Development
A self-service guide for career exploration and development for PCC students and staff.
Connect and gain experience
The foundation of your future career goal relies on the knowledge and skills you develop in the classroom and outside of the classroom. As soon as you know what you want to pursue, start making connections with others who are working in your future career field. Pursue classroom projects and college activities that promote the skills and abilities needed in your future occupation.
- MeetupMeetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 9,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities.
- "80% of today’s jobs are landed through networking" -- Recruiting blogRecruitingBlogs.com is a community of Recruiters and HR professionals. It’s a social network and because of this, the community interacts in a very unique way. It’s really an amazing thing. You should join the conversation – visit www.recruitingblogs.com.
- Informational interviewing: A Key Networking Tool for Students, Job-Seekers, and Career-ChangersQuintessential Careers is a comprehensive career development site, offering helpful information, resources, and key links on all aspects of college and graduate studies, on career exploration and assessment, and on job-hunting strategies and tools.
Quintessential Careers has resources for people of all ages — from teens to mature workers; for job-seekers in all industries; and for job-seekers in all parts of the U.S. and around the world
- New volunteer opportunities -- PCC Community Based LearningNew volunteer opportunities -- PCC Community Based Learning
Many courses at PCC include Community-Based Learning (CBL) projects that deepen and contextualize course learning outcomes by addressing the needs of our community.
- Community Connector -- PCC Community Based LearningCheck out the database of organizations that offer volunteer opportunities through Community-Based Learning at PCC.
- Hands On: Greater PortlandHands on Greater Portland provides convenient and accessible volunteer opportunities across the Portland Metro area.
- Volunteer MatchVolunteerMatch, is an American nonprofit organization best known for its web services, which aim to strengthen communities by making it easier for people to find good causes.
- Cooperative Education -- PCCAt PCC, you can earn academic credit that transfers or applies to your degree/certificates in a real-world setting. Gain confidence and practice your on-the-job knowledge & technical skills, plus build your resume with current work experience.
- Find internships in PortlandFind internships and employment opportunities in the largest internship marketplace. Search paid internships and part time jobs to help start your career.
- Internship jobs on Portland -- LInkedinUse this is search tool in LinkedIn to locate internships in the greater Portland area.
- Student internship program -- City of Portland, Environmental ServicesThe City of Portland employs college student internships in Environmental Services. These are paid positions during the summer.
- OMSI internshipsThe Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) offers internships built with you and your professional goals in mind.
- Internships at OPBOregon Public Broadcasting (OPB) college internship program provides students with the opportunity to observe and participate in daily activities and long-term projects throughout all areas of OPB’s work.
- WayUp (formerly LookSharp)LookSharp is an online platform that connects students with companies and helps companies hire students for paid internships.
- Last Updated: Dec 8, 2022 5:56 PM
- URL: https://guides.pcc.edu/YourCareerDevelopment
- Print Page
Subjects: College & Life Skills