Paraeducation: Books & films
The Paraeducation program is designed to give students a variety of skills, including individual instruction, group instruction, behavior management, interpersonal and intercultural communication with adults and students, and personal growth.
Find Books, Articles, DVDs, and more
The following links will take you to books, videos and other library materials on that topic in the library catalog:
Looking for ebooks?
The PCC Library provides access to many ebooks. To find ebooks in the library:
Enter a search in the main search box on the library homepage.
On the results page, on the left-hand side of the page, find the Format section and check the eBooks box.
Click the Apply Filters button.
To access an ebook, click the Online Access link under the title information.
- Co-Teaching That Works byISBN: 9781118180419Publication Date: 2011This book provides practical ideas for defining teacher roles, planning lessons, providing effective instruction, and maximizing the value of each team member. Anne Beninghof shares stories, and real-life co-taught lesson examples that emphasize creative yet time-efficient instructional strategies that lend themselves beautifully to the co-taught classroom. Full text available online.
- Exploring Mathematics through Play in the Early Childhood Classroom byISBN: 9780807755891Publication Date: 2014
- How the Special Needs Brain Learns byISBN: 9781412949873Publication Date: 2006Today's classrooms embrace students of all abilities, and this book provides information and insights on how to work effectively with children with many disabilities such as attention disorders, math and writing disabilities, emotional disorders and autism spectrum disorders.
- Key Ideas in Teaching Mathematics byISBN: 0199665516Publication Date: 2013Covers big ideas in the mathematics curriculum for older school students, especially those that are hard to learn and hard to teach. These are the ideas that really matter, that students get stuck on, and that can be obstacles to future learning. It shows how students learn, why they sometimes get things wrong, and the strengths and pitfalls of various teaching approaches.
- Play byISBN: 9781933653730Publication Date: 2009This revised edition of "Pathways to Play". contains activity ideas that encourage play skills, checklists to help identify where children are having problems, specific teaching strategies, and assessment options. Play skills are life skills; as children develop them, they also learn important social skills that they will use throughout their lives. This new edition also examines how play theory translates into practice.