Radiography: Find Sources
PCC Library Search
Find Articles with Google Scholar
Before searching, be sure to set PCC as your library in your browser by:
- Visiting the link to set "Library Links" settings for Google Scholar,
- using the search box to search for "Portland Community College",
- checking the check box that appears underneath the search to select “Portland Community College – Find it @ PCC”,
- and then selecting the Save button.
This will ensure that when you search Google Scholar in your browser, you will see Find It @ PCC links to full text if we have the article (Google Scholar sometimes also provides links to other free sources for full text).
You can learn more about setting Google Scholar preferences on the PCC Library Website.
- Google Scholar This link opens in a new windowGoogle Scholar searches the web for scholarly articles, reports, books, and other materials. If using Google Scholar from a PCC campus, you can access full text articles. If PCC has access to an article, a "Find it @ PCC" link will appear to the right of the search result. Click “Find it @ PCC” to go to the library catalog where you will be offered a choice to view the article. From home, you will need to set your Google Scholar preferences to access PCC Library resources. See How to Search PCC Library on Google Scholar for directions on how to set your Google Scholar preferences at home.
- Health and Medicine Resources (EBSCOhost) This link opens in a new windowSearch EBSCOhost's Alt HealthWatch, CINAHL Plus, MedicLatina, MEDLINE, and others (including Academic Search Premier and MasterFILE Premier) at the same time. Topics include consumer health information, nursing and allied health, pre-clinical sciences, aging, and more.
- ScienceDirect This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 1,000 peer-reviewed life sciences, Health Science, physical sciences, and engineering journals with citation information for thousands more. Look for the "Full-text available" indicators to view articles online. View the Science Direct handout.
- MEDLINE This link opens in a new windowCovers the international literature on biomedicine, including allied health. Citations available from 1965 - present; some full text.
The following list includes scholarly journals (research) and trade journals (for people working in radiography) about radiography:
The following journals are available online through the Library's database subscriptions. Follow the link, and then click on "view it" to see a list of databases in which the journal can be accessed.
- AJR, American Journal of RadiographyPCC Sylvania library has this title in print only to 2016.
- Center for Devices and Radiological HealthA division of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, CDRH is responsible for assuring the safety and effectiveness of medical devices and eliminating unnecessary human exposure to radiation. This extensive site provides access to detailed information for both medical professionals and patients.
- Radiology InfoDeveloped and funded by the American College of Radiology and the Radiological Society of North America to inform and educate the public about radiologic procedures and the role of radiologists in healthcare and to improve communications between radiological professionals and patients.
- Auntminnie.comA community website for professionals in the medical imaging industry. Features news and information, reference and educational material (including textbooks, reports, practice guidelines, courses, etc..), resources for job hunting, discussion boards, and more.