Find Background Info
- Access Science This link opens in a new windowAn online version of McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology and McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms. It contains nearly 9,000 online encyclopedia articles, terms, images and videos related to sciences and technology. The Study Center provides essay topics, study guides and bibliographies.
- Ebook Central (EBL and eBrary combined) This link opens in a new windowEbook Central is an e-book platform that combines EBL and eBrary in one central location. Browse and check out hundreds of thousands of e-book titles in the sciences, humanities, the arts, business, computer science, engineering, and other academic disciplines. Offline viewing options are available. For additional help, see Getting Started with Ebook Central and Ebook Central: Copy, Print, and Download.
- Gale Ebooks (formerly GVRL) This link opens in a new windowGale eBooks has over 200 encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. Look here for biology, chemistry, nursing and medicine, sociology, history, education, law, and more.
- Physical Reference DataData from the National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Commerce
Featured titles in civil engineering:
- Amazing Feats of Civil Engineering byISBN: 9781624034275Publication Date: 2014-08-01
US Government Technical Reports
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS)NTIS has citations to unclassified reports from various US federal departments
- Sci-Tech ConnectSciTech Connect consolidates the contents of the Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI) Information Bridge and Energy Citations Database
- TRAIL - Technical Report Archive & Image LibrarySearch U.S. government technical reports issued primarily prior to 1975 and digitized by the TRAIL Working Groups
- United States Army Corps of Engineers PublicationsIncludes Engineering Regulations, Engineering Circulars, Engineering Manuals, and other official public documents