Recommended philosophy websites
- American Philosophical AssociationPromotes the discipline and profession of philosophy
- Directory of Open Access JournalsScholarly journals available full text online, including philosophy and other humanities titles
- Internet Classics ArchiveOver 400 works of classical writings, including Greek, Roman, Chinese and Persian with English translations.
- The Internet Encyclopedia of PhilosophyNonprofit encyclopedia staffed by philosophy faculty from around the world.
- Philosophy NowPopular discussions of philosophy from the Philosophy Now magazine.
- Philosophy TalkFrom the radio program hosted by two Stanford philosophers.
- PhilPapersA gateway to online professional papers in philosophy
- Psychology of ReligionCompiled resources and links from Dr. Michael Nielson.
- Religion and Ethics News WeeklyFrom PBS's weekly television broadcast.
- Standford Encyclopedia of PhilosophyFrom Stanford University philosophy faculty.
Google News Custom Search
This Google Custom Search only searches the following 10 news sites, selected by PCC librarians and instructors, as reasonably reliable news sources that practice fact-based journalism. The sites searches include a mix of national and interrnation news sources: Al-Jazeera; BBC; Christian Science Monitor; Economist; New York Times; ProPublica; PBS; Reuters; Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal.
LogicRef - on online logic and critical thinking resource
LogicRef is an online tool for fast reference to basic concepts and skills for critical thinking for Earth humans in the 21st century. Created by PCC philosophy instructor Joseph Corrado.
Fact checking resources
- AllSides.comLooks at the treatment of the same current news stories and issues from media sources considered conservative, centrist, and liberal. Helps readers identify bias and avoid polarization.
- FactCheck.orgFactCheck.org is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Media Bias Fact CheckResource for determining media bias through research and consumer opinions. Media Bias/Fact Check also provides occasional fact checks, original articles on media bias and breaking/important news stories.
- PoliticoNonpartisan, Washington-based political journalism organization that serves as the one-stop shop for the fastest, most in-depth coverage of the White House, Congress, politics and policy.
- Politifact Truth-o-MeterNonpartisan that evaluates the accuracy of claims made by US political officeholders, candidates, consultants, advisers, special interest groups, and pundits.
- SnopesThe definitive Internet reference source for urban legends, folklore, myths, rumors, and misinformation.