BI 234 (Alattar): Home
BI 234 Assignments: guidance for research
The resources on this guide will help you to complete assignments, lab reports and case studies in BI 234. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Use the resources on this Home page to find background information on microbiology scientists, pathogens and medical information.
- Use the book search box to find eBooks on the human microbiome and microbes used in food production -- even just a chapter could be really useful!
- I suggest you try Access Science for the basic information about the microbes that you’re working with.
- The next tab provides how-to instructions for finding Articles in peer-reviewed journals. There are two kinds of peer-reviewed articles that might be useful for your assignments.
- Read the handouts provided to find research articles and review articles, and to decide which is right for you..
- Watch the video on using scientific articles.
- The Web sources tab has good advice for how to use websites like Science Daily and EurekaAlert! to identify research articles. Advanced Google search tips are also provided.
- The CSE Citations tab has a how-to video and links to citation generators and handouts on the Author-Date style.
Chat with us! Librarians are here to help you. Use the chat box on this page and we can research together. You can also make a research help appointment (video or phone).