CG 105: Getting Scholarships: Scholarships
First Choice - PCC Foundation
While you are a student at PCC, your first choice when looking for money for college should be the PCC Foundation. They have funds available for PCC students from every kind of background in every discipline.
Third Choice - Oregon CIS
The third best option is to check out Oregon CIS (Career Information Systems). This is a website run by the University of Oregon and it has LOTS of great scholarship resources. The only problem with it is that it may be TOO much. It can be hard to find what you need. But if you have some time and patience, there are some gems in there!
First, log into MyPCC and go to the My Courses tab. On the right, you will see the link to Oregon CIS. You must connect to Oregon CIS through this link -- if you go directly to the website, you will not be able to log in!
Next, go to Explore Resources then click on Education & Training. The box on the right has Scholarship Tools -- click on on the button and then use the filters to find scholarships that are right for you!
Chat a Librarian for Help
Need to talk to a librarian? Use our chat system. Click the button to open the chat window.Chat with a Librarian!
Need to ask a question by email? Use the Email a Librarian form or find your favorite librarian's email address on Library Staff.
Second Choice -- Oregon Resident Scholarships
There are some grants that are available only to Oregon residents attending college in Oregon. This website:
is the official site for the state of Oregon's Office of Student Access and Completion. They have a directory of grants and scholarships available to Oregon college students. They have a standardized application form that you can fill in and save online.
1. In the Green Bar, click on Scholarships
2. Click on the button that says Apply Here!
3. Create an account on the OSAC Student Portal website and fill out the application. One application helps you apply for over 500 scholarships so this is one you do not want to miss! Fill out the form!
Searching Online for More Scholarships
Looking for Print Books
At the library, you can find and check out print books that have lists and descriptions of scholarships. The call number of that section is: 378.73. If you don't know what that means, ask a librarian! Some of the scholarship books can be checked out and some have to stay in the library. Ask if you're not sure which is which.
- Go to the College Blue Book online and you will be prompted to login to your MyPCC account if you have not already.
- In the pulldown menu under the picture of the book, select Volume 5: Scholarships.
- Go to the Table of Contents and scroll down to look at your lists of options. Click on the arrows to expand the lists.
- There are A LOT Of choices and it can be overwhelming! Take it slow and look through them bit-by-bit. But remember that your best bets are the options listed above!