RA (Reading Apprenticeship)
Published sources and conference presentations, and contacts for learning about the methodology and framework for Reading Apprenticeship
Reading for Understanding by Ruth Schoenbach is the key guide to the methodology and practice of Reading Apprenticeship. Several copies are available from the library, including an e-book version.
Leading for Literacy by Ruth Schoenbach is focused on college level application of the Reading Apprenticeship methodology. Copies are available from the library, including an e-book version
- Leading for Literacy by Ruth Schoenbach; Cynthia Greenleaf; Lynn MurphyCall Number: All campuses: 379.24 S36I
- Reading for Understanding: How Reading Apprenticeship Improves Disciplinary Learning in Secondary and College Classrooms by Ruth Schoenbach; Cynthia GreenleafCall Number: Rock Creek, Southeast, Sylvania: 428.4071 S36r 2012
- College Knowledge by David T. ConleyCall Number: Southeast, 378.198 C66c 2005
- College Reading: The Science and Strategies of Expert Readers by Janet Nay Zadina; Rita SmilksteinCall Number: Southeast: 418.4071 C65 2014
- Teaching Developmental Reading: Historical, Theoretical and Background ReadingsSonya Armstrong, Neil A. Strong, Hunter R. Boylan.Preview from Google Books. Requested order for Library, October 2015.
We are faculty at PCC who are practitioners of Reading Apprenticeship. Contact us!
- Bill Bogart, bbogart at pcc.edu
- Danica Fierman, danica.fierman15 at pcc.edu
- Pam Kessinger, pkessing at pcc.edu
- Theresa Love, tlove at pcc.edu
- Last Updated: Mar 22, 2023 8:47 AM
- URL: https://guides.pcc.edu/RA
- Print Page