Course Specific Research Support for GD 124: Home
Graphic Design 3 course outcomes related to research skills:
Other indicators of required research or information seeking:
From the Outcome and Assessment Strategies:
- Research an existing business or event
From the Course Content:
- Explore symbol design based on research elements
Bridging competencies to support research and information seeking at this level:
- Differentiate between businesses, companies and events
- Use related concepts and synonyms in search strategy
Corresponding research and information seeking outcomes for GD 124
1. Locate information sources for a business or event, including possibly persons to interview, web and social media presence, and background information
2. Determine aspirational elements of a business or event, including possibly purpose, mission, and values, as well as the products or services
Librarian Instructional Objectives:
1. Select a business or event to gather facts and images to use in brand development
2. Use library searching for background information and current news about the business or event
3. Use web searching to survey social media and web-based materials
Placement of courses on an Information Literacy Continuum
|Student's Developmental Stage
Connecting to College
1. I know where the library is located and about some of the services provided.
2. I can identify a topic, and identify useful information sources to read about it.
Information Literacy Skills
3. I can develop a topic statement, locate and use library sources, and begin informational research.
Academic or Career/ Technical Related
4. I evaluate the sources I have found for relevancy to my field, and I know who some of the experts are.
Inquiry and Exploration for Research
5. I can identify pro- and con-positions on a topic. I can identify the perspectives of various experts in a field.
Discipline- or Area of Study Specific
6. I can support my position on an issue with evidence. I can accurately summarize the scholarly or professional conversation.