Course Specific Research Support for DS 103: Home
Fuel Injection Systems course outcomes related to research skills:
Other indicators of required research or information seeking:
From the Outcome and Assessment Strategies:
- Daily/weekly/term project portfolio.
From the Course Content:
- Learn the resources available to the technician for research and failure identification.
Bridging competencies to support research and information seeking at this level:
- Spell search terms correctly
- Understand the usefulness of encompassing search terms
Corresponding research and information seeking outcomes for DS 103
- Use industry specific terms for search strategy
- Understand search interface(s) for industry specific databases
- Locate professional level, current information useful in the field of fuel injection
Librarian Instructional Objectives:
- Identify keywords and alternative search terms
- Locate industry specific databases available through the web
- Identify purpose and audience of information providers and select reliable, relevant sources
Placement of courses on an Information Literacy Continuum
|Student's Developmental Stage
Connecting to College
1. I know where the library is located and about some of the services provided.
2. I can identify a topic, and identify useful information sources to read about it.
Information Literacy Skills
3. I can develop a topic statement, locate and use library sources, and begin informational research.
Academic or Career/ Technical Related
4. I evaluate the sources I have found for relevancy to my field, and I know who some of the experts are.
Inquiry and Exploration for Research
5. I can identify pro- and con-positions on a topic. I can identify the perspectives of various experts in a field.
Discipline- or Area of Study Specific
6. I can support my position on an issue with evidence. I can accurately summarize the scholarly or professional conversation.