Communication Studies: Getting Started
This guide will point you towards credible sources of information on topics related to Communication Studies aka COMM. Communication Studies looks at communication between individuals, in small-groups, among cultures, and in business and public speaking settings; as well as mass media and new media as well. Studying it will help you to understand, and apply, various methods of both informing and persuading.
Use the tabs to navigate through the other pages of the guide:
- Find a Topic - Browse online news sources to get ideas about current topics in the US and international news.
- Background Information & Web Searching - Use the web and library sources to learn more about your topic.
- Evaluate - tips and tutorials on how to evaluate sources for credibility and relevance.
- Articles, Books and More - Find books, articles, DVDs, and more for your research.
- Peer Reviewed Articles - Find articles written by experts that provide evidence rather than opinion or reporting, and have gone through a peer review process. What is a peer reviewed article? Find out!
- Get Help - Get help from a librarian 24x7, get support from a tutor, or find a handout or tutorial to help you with your research.