Course Specific Research Support for CADD 100: Home
CADD Orientation course outcomes related to research skills:
Other indicators of required research or information seeking:
From the Course Description:
"Includes internet research of technical products related to drafting and design, and American National Standards Institute drafting practices and terminology."
From the Course Activities and Design:
"Engage in internet activities that explore and define the world of drafting and design."
From the Course Content:
"Students will engage in internet activities that explore the world of drafting and design."
Bridging competencies to support research and information seeking at this level:
- Adapt keywords for effective searching
- Locate database list on library home page
- Use search terms to based on type of information provider
Corresponding research and information seeking outcomes for CADD 100
1. Develop search strategy for retrieving current information on technical products
2. Locate drafting and design employers in the local area
3. Separate commercially-oriented information from analysis and critique, and use each appropriately
Librarian Instructional Objectives:
1. Use web searching strategies to find industry information and images
2. Use directories, databases, and web searching to identify local employers
3. Identify indicators of authority, currency, and relevance in information sources
Knowledge Practices and Dispositions
Oregon Library Standards Learning Goals
Placement of courses on an Information Literacy Continuum
|Student's Developmental Stage
Connecting to College
1. I know where the library is located and about some of the services provided.
2. I can identify a topic, and identify useful information sources to read about it.
Information Literacy Skills
3. I can develop a topic statement, locate and use library sources, and begin informational research.
Academic or Career/ Technical Related
4. I evaluate the sources I have found for relevancy to my field, and I know who some of the experts are.
Inquiry and Exploration for Research
5. I can identify pro- and con-positions on a topic. I can identify the perspectives of various experts in a field.
Discipline- or Area of Study Specific
6. I can support my position on an issue with evidence. I can accurately summarize the scholarly or professional conversation.