Art 141 Siegel: Home
Research presentation on a photographer
For this assignment you will need to prepare and give a team presentation on a photographer lasting at least 5 minutes but no more than 10 minutes. The presentation should include the following:
- A brief biography, including significant events (birth, death, formal/informal education, major exhibitions, locations they worked and photographed).
- Artist's interests and/or subject matter (portrait, landscape, persona, documentary).
- Discussion of the work's meaning (in your own words).
- Techniques used to create the images (how the images were made and displayed, type of camera, printing and processing information).
- At least 12 images by the photographer with titles.
- An analysis of one of the artist's most compelling or images from each member of the team.
In addition, you will turn in a Works Cited page with at least 3 sources using MLA format, one of which should be a printed publication (book, newspaper or magazine article, exhibit catalog). The remainder of your sources can come from a library database such as ArtSTOR, interviews or articles found online (with citations), or interviews. Images must be cited correctly using MLA.
Get Help from a Librarian 24/7
You can get help in-person from our librarians during open hours at any PCC Library (see Library hours).
- Cascade: 971-722-5269
- Rock Creek: 971-722-7239
- Southeast: 971-722-6289
- Sylvania: 971-722-4500
Chat with a librarian: