This guide is designed to help students do research for the Medical Assisting program. It provides links to library resources such as books, published articles and DVDs, and free web resources related to medical assisting and, more generally, health and medicine. Resources are in physical and online formats.
Use the tabs to navigate through the other pages of the guide:
Delmar's Skills for Medical Assistants, 2008
1. Administrative skills
2. Practicing financial skills
3. Modern reimbursement procedures
4. Infection control procedures
5. Taking measurements and vital signs
6. Taking a patient history
7. Body mechanics : therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures
8. Emergencies and first aid procedures
9. Administering non-parenteral drugs, prescription writing, and inventory procedures
10. Preparing and administering parenteral medications
11. Venipuncture, hematology, and immunology procedures
12. Specimen collection and processing procedures
13. Cardiac screening procedures
You can chat with a PCC librarian any time you see the PCC Ask A Librarian chat widget on any of the library's pages (like the PCC Library home page) or in a subject guide like this one. You can also get to us through AIM, Yahoo!, or Google Talk.
Google Talk: pcclib@gmail
You can also text a librarian for help at:
Need help when the library isn't open? Chat with an Answerland librarian 24-7.