Climate change and music
Italian composer and pianist Ludovico Einaudi performs one of his own pieces on a floating platform in the Arctic Ocean.
image from https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/24/watch-a-world-famous-pianist-perform-on-floating-in-the-arctic-ocean
What kinds of questions do musicians ask about climate change?
- What does climate change sound like, and is it possible to capture that through music?
- What is the relationship between natural sounds such as birds, water, and air, and musical sound?
- Is our current system for writing and performing music capable of representing the world around us?
- How can composers and musicians use the emotional power of music to communicate the urgency of climate change?
Books and ebooks
DVDs and streaming videos
"A Meeting Place of Art, Spirit, and Action" Episode of Green Interview with cellist and composer Eugene Friesen. (60 minutes)
Visit schools and witness local carving traditions, like Krampus masks and other works of art surrounded by the beautiful landscapes of the region. (55 minutes)
- Last Updated: Jan 14, 2020 10:12 AM
- URL: https://guides.pcc.edu/climatechange
- Print Page