Chemistry and climate change
"Chemistry is at the heart of understanding the climate system and integral to addressing the development and deployment of new emission reduction technologies and clean energy alternatives."
From the ACS (American Chemical Society) website:
What questions might chemistry researchers look at with regards to climate change?
- What is the role of chemistry in Earth’s climate system, especially in human-induced climate change?
- What changes in surface climate can be attributed to interactive atmospheric chemistry?
- By what processes, and to what extent, might changes in the chemical composition of the stratosphere influence climate sensitivity?
- How might coupling between changes in atmospheric dynamics and chemical composition affect the future climate?
Books and ebooks
DVDs and streaming videos
TED talk, Climate scientist Kate Marvel, Can Clouds Buy Us More Time To Solve Climate Change? (13 minutes)
TEDtalks, Triona McGrath. How Pollution is Changing the Ocean's Chemistry. (9 minutes)
- Last Updated: Jun 23, 2020 4:12 PM
- URL: https://guides.pcc.edu/climatechange
- Print Page