Provides resources on climate change and global warming from the perspective of the disciplines of science, social science and humanities.
Psychology and climate change
What kinds of questions do psychologists ask about climate change?
- How do people process and make sense of climate change?
- Why do some reject the notion of climate change?
- How do cognitive biases and other mental shortcuts determine our attitudes about climate change?
- What role do emotions play in our understanding of the planet's future?
- How do images of climate change affect our reaction to the phenomenon?
- How might conflict resolution and cooperation figure in solving some of the major issues of climate change?
Books and ebooks
DVDs and streaming videos
James Hoggan explains how industries have used human psychology to spread climate change denial. (65 minutes)
- Last Updated: Jan 14, 2020 10:12 AM
- URL: https://guides.pcc.edu/climatechange
- Print Page