BA 150, 250 & 278 - Sickert: Company & Industry Info
- Company's website: mission, vision, values (as available), 10-K/Annual Report, media/news/press releases.
- Not all companies have a "mission/vision/value statement" per se, but you can get a general idea from their website or annual report/10-K (if public) about what they do/who they are, where they want to go, and what they stand for.
- Information on public companies is much more readily available than info on private companies or subsidiaries.
- SWOTs may be part of a company's profile and readily available.
Resources at Multnomah County Library
If you have a Multnomah County Library card, you can also access their resources. They have a variety of business databases, including some that PCC doesn't have.
Multnomah County Library Databases - Choose "Local Business" in the "Topics" box
Company profiles and other specialized tools
Market and Industry Research
When researching industry information, it is helpful to find the NAICS or SIC code for that industry, though all the industry databases also allow a keyword search. You can search some databases by NAICS and/or SIC code to get industry information.
Industry and Trade Associations
To find the industry association websites:
- Do a Google search with keywords followed by "association".
- Industry profiles in library databases may have a section for related associations.
Databases for Market Research
Corporate Accountability Watch
Corporate Social Responsibility
Sustainability report or corporate social responsibility report, if issued, can be found on the company website. Other resources include: