Course Specific Research Support for DS 203: Home
Fuel Injection System Diagnostics & Cat Elect Eng Controls course outcomes related to research skills:
Other indicators of required research or information seeking:
From the Outcome and Assessment Strategies:
- Daily/weekly/term project portfolio.
Bridging competencies to support research and information seeking at this level:
- Devise a topic statement with general and specific aspects, and alternative terms
- Recognize the difference of purpose between commercial and independent review sources
- Understand the concept of proprietary information
Corresponding research and information seeking outcomes for DS 203
- Identify industry specific professional level information providers
- Locate industry groups which provide job listings and professional development
- Locate and use company history and financial information
Librarian Instructional Objectives:
- Develop a topic statement for searching industry specific publications and websites
- Use advanced web searching strategies to identify current job openings and regional companies
- Locate reliable sources of industry specific and company information
Placement of courses on an Information Literacy Continuum
|Student's Developmental Stage
Connecting to College
1. I know where the library is located and about some of the services provided.
2. I can identify a topic, and identify useful information sources to read about it.
Information Literacy Skills
3. I can develop a topic statement, locate and use library sources, and begin informational research.
Academic or Career/ Technical Related
4. I evaluate the sources I have found for relevancy to my field, and I know who some of the experts are.
Inquiry and Exploration for Research
5. I can identify pro- and con-positions on a topic. I can identify the perspectives of various experts in a field.
Discipline- or Area of Study Specific
6. I can support my position on an issue with evidence. I can accurately summarize the scholarly or professional conversation.