Course Specific Research Support for BA 203: Home
Introduction to International Business course outcomes related to research skills:
Other indicators of required research or information seeking:
From the Outcome and Assessment Strategies:
- Written case study analysis
- Individual or group projects
- Class presentations
Bridging competencies to support research and information seeking at this level:
- Understand the process of data collection for statistical analysis
- Determine the perspective of information providers
- Develop a multi-part search strategy, gleaning results to synthesize from various sources
Corresponding research and information seeking outcomes for BA 203
- Analyze business trends for international industry sectors
- Locate reliable information sources for country statistics and cultural practices
- Find sources of support for international business
Librarian Instructional Objectives:
- Identify and use government agencies which track statistical data on import/export, and use library databases for industry and trade reports
- Locate U.S. government agencies which provide country factsheets, studies, or profiles of foreign countries; identify current sources which illustrate cultural and business practice differences between the United States and in foreign countries
- Search for professional, global, and local agencies which support international trade and identify their perspectives
Placement of courses on an Information Literacy Continuum
|Student's Developmental Stage
Connecting to College
1. I know where the library is located and about some of the services provided.
2. I can identify a topic, and identify useful information sources to read about it.
Information Literacy Skills
3. I can develop a topic statement, locate and use library sources, and begin informational research.
Academic or Career/ Technical Related
4. I evaluate the sources I have found for relevancy to my field, and I know who some of the experts are.
Inquiry and Exploration for Research
5. I can identify pro- and con-positions on a topic. I can identify the perspectives of various experts in a field.
Discipline- or Area of Study Specific
6. I can support my position on an issue with evidence. I can accurately summarize the scholarly or professional conversation.