Chicano/Latino Studies: Article databases
Library databases provide access to published articles from magazines, newspapers, and academic journals. Unlike some of the search results you will get from a web search, the published articles in database are almost always written by professionals and reviewed by an editor, which improves reliability. This 4 minute video offers tips for searching EBSCOHost, the library's largest article database.
This video offers tips and tricks to efficiently search databases for the information you are looking for.
From Yavapai College Libraries.
Recommended databases for Chicano/Latino Studies
Find published articles from magazines, newspapers and academic journal in library databases.
- Academic Search Premier This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 4,500 scholarly social sciences, humanities, general science, education and multi-cultural journals. 3,700 are peer-reviewed.
- Ethnic Newswatch This link opens in a new windowFull text newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic minority and native press. Provides a rich collection of articles, editorials, and reviews with a broad diversity of perspectives and viewpoints. Also a good source of ethnic recipes. Coverage is from 1980 to the present. View the Ethnic NewsWatch handout
- Fuente Academica This link opens in a new windowA unique collection of scholarly academic journals from renowned Latin American, South American and Spanish publishers. Full text coverage for more than 150 scholarly Spanish language journals.
- Informe Academico (Gale OneFile) This link opens in a new windowA collection of Hispanic magazines with full text. Covers business, health, technology, culture, current topics and other subjects.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowFull text of over 1000 scholarly journals in the arts and sciences, from their earliest issues up to 3-5 years ago. Does not include current issues of the journals. Video tutorials are available.
- MasterFILE Premier This link opens in a new windowFull text of general interest magazine articles, reference and travel books, biographies, primary source documents, photos, maps, and flags.