Gerontology: Find Other Sources
Find Books, Articles, DVDs, and more
- AgingStats.govEstablished in 1986, this site brings together resources from Federal agencies that share an interest in improving aging-related data. Here you will find reports, statistics, and workshop presentations and papers.
- National Institute on AgingPrograms, publications, press releases, budget updates, employment and training info, links to related sites.
- Administration for Community Living, Aging and Disability in AmericaGovernment agency site that provides research and data on older adults and people with disabilities.
- U.S. Census BureauAge Data of the United States provides census information specific to age groups, generations such as Baby Boomers, and other age-related breakdowns.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Aging ResourcesMake sure to check out the resources on Aging, including statistics; hospitals and nursing homes; Medicare and Medicaid; and suggested resources for caregivers.
- U.S. Food and Drug AdministrationThe Information for Seniors page has numerous articles, brochures and other publications with information for older people on a wide range of health issues, including arthritis, cancer, health fraud, and nutrition.
Staff Picks - Books, E-books, Films
- Aging for Beginners byCall Number: SE and Sylvania (294.3 B39a 2018)Publication Date: 2018-11-20
- Introduction to the Psychology of Ageing for Non-Specialists byPublication Date: 2014
- What Makes Olga Run? byCall Number: Southeast Main Collection (796.4209 G75 2014 )Publication Date: 2014-01-14
- The sum total of our memory facing Alzheimer's together byCall Number: Sylvania Videos (362.19 S86 2014)
- How to Die in Oregon byCall Number: Cascade, Rock Creek, Southeast and Sylvania Video Shelves (179.7 H69 2012)
More books, ebooks and videos available at PCC Libraries:
aging - moral and ethical aspects
brain and aging
memory and aging
nutrition and aging
streaming videos about aging in Films on Demand