Queer Resources Guide: Recommended Websites
- Autostraddle "is an intelligent, hilarious & provocative voice and a progressively feminist online community for multiple generations of kickass lesbian, bisexual & otherwise inclined ladies (and their friends)."
- AVEN: The Asexual Visibility and Education Network "has two goals: creating public acceptance and discussion of asexuality and facilitating the growth of an asexual community. The AVEN community centers around the web forum, which provides a safe space for asexual and questioning people and their partners, friends and families to discuss their experiences."
- Human Rights Campaign "As the largest national lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer civil rights organization, HRC envisions a world where LGBTQ people are ensured of their basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community."
- It Gets Better Project's mission is to communicate to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth around the world that it gets better, and to create and inspire the changes needed to make it better for them.
- LGBT History Month website celebrates the achievements of lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender icons with videos, biographies, bibliographies, downloadable images and other resources.
- National Center for Transgender Equity, a part of GLAAD, works with print, broadcast and online news sources to bring people powerful stories from the LGBT community that build support for equality.
- National LGBTQ Task Force "advances full freedom, justice and equality for LGBTQ people. Today, despite all the progress we’ve made to end discrimination, millions of LGBTQ people face barriers in every aspect of their lives: in housing, employment, healthcare, retirement, and basic human rights. These barriers must go."
- Survey of LGBT Americans present the findings of a 2013 study conducted by the Pew Research Center.