Career Guidance and Exploration: Jobs and Employment
Job Banks by State
- Career Onestop: Pathways to Career Success Search for jobs by state. Tools to help job seekers, students, businesses, and career professionals. Everything from resume writing to career planning and green careers.
- CareerConnections Search for employment and Internships, post your resume for employers to review, search the data base for employer contacts, set up a job agent to email you applicable openings.
- Oregon Employment Department, Job Listings Search this Oregon site by occupation, location or job listing. Includes apprenticeships.
- Oregon Labor Market Information System Find out about career and job markets in Oregon. From the Oregon Employment Department.
- Vocations and Careers (Gale OneFile) This link opens in a new windowArticles from journals and magazines to help you research a vocation, find a college or school, do a good job search, and maintain a career. Vocations and Careers Collection offers hundreds of current periodicals, from general career guides to highly specialized industry journals.
- Vocational and Career Collection This link opens in a new windowArticles from more than 300 trade and industry-related periodicals including Modern Machine Shop, Pediatric Nursing, Wireless Week, Drug Store News, Restaurant Business, Advertising Age, and many more.
A collection of streaming videos from the library database called Films on Demand.
Job Search for Ex-Offenders
From the U.S. Department of Labor, click on the image below for tips on getting past the barriers to employment experienced by ex-offenders.
Prepare for Your New Career
- Careers & Job Search movies
- Doing the Job: Basic Job Skills movie
- Learning Express Library [website] Interactive practice tests and tutorials to help you succeed on academic or licensing tests. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results. You must sign in before taking a test.
- The 2-Hour Job Search byISBN: 9781607741701Publication Date: 2012The 2-Hour Job Search shows job-seekers how to work smarter (and faster) to secure first interviews. This book focuses on the critical middle phase of the job search and helps readers bring organization to what is all too often an ineffectual and frustrating process. Explains how to create a job-search system that relies on mainstream technology such as Excel, Google, LinkedIn, and alumni databases to create a list of target employers, contact them, and then secure an interview--with only two hours of effort.
- Knock 'em Dead Cover Letters byISBN: 9781440579066Publication Date: 2014Will help you use relevant keywords that will send your application to the top of database searches; effectively display your personal brand and the transferable skills you bring to a job; and conduct a simple web search to find contact information and get your material in front of managers and recruiters