RD 115 Information Literacy Project: Home
In this Guide
This guide is designed to help students in Reading 115 research a topic or question and learn how to use the PCC Library and its resources.
Use the tabs above to navigate through the other pages of the guide:
- Choose a Topic - Getting topic ideas and narrowing down your topic to an academic research question.
- Start Your Research - Getting background information on your topic, concept-mapping your topic, and developing a list of keywords for searching.
- Find Sources - Find books, articles, videos and more through the library and on the free web.
- Evaluate Sources - How to determine whether your sources really meet your needs.
- Cite Your Sources - Tips and tools for citing sources in MLA format and avoiding plagiarism.
- Get Help - Get help from a librarian 24x7, get support from a tutor, or find a handout or tutorial to help you with your research.
Intro to the Library Website and Library Services
This five-minute video provides an overview of the library website and highlights some of the Library's most popular collections and services.
PCC Library Search
Get Help from a Librarian 24/7
You can get help in-person from our librarians during open hours at any PCC Library (see Library hours).
- Cascade: 971-722-5269
- Rock Creek: 971-722-7239
- Southeast: 971-722-6289
- Sylvania: 971-722-4500
Chat with a librarian: