RD/IRW 115 Information Literacy Project: Home
In this Guide
This guide is designed to help students in Reading 115 research a topic or question and learn how to use the PCC Library and its resources.
Use the tabs above to navigate through the other pages of the guide:
- Choose a Topic - Getting topic ideas and narrowing down your topic to an academic research question.
- Start Your Research - Getting background information on your topic, concept-mapping your topic, and developing a list of keywords for searching.
- Find Sources - Find books, articles, videos and more through the library and on the free web.
- Evaluate Sources - How to determine whether your sources really meet your needs.
- Cite Your Sources - Tips and tools for citing sources in MLA format and avoiding plagiarism.
- Get Help - Get help from a librarian 24x7, get support from a tutor, or find a handout or tutorial to help you with your research.
Intro to the Library Website and Library Services (new remote version)
This 4:20 video provides an overview of the library website and highlights the many services PCC Library can provide through its website even when PCC campuses are closed and students and faculty are working remotely.
PCC Library Search
Get Help from a Librarian 24/7
You can get help in-person from our librarians during open hours at any PCC Library (see Library hours).
- Cascade: 971-722-5269
- Rock Creek: 971-722-7239
- Southeast: 971-722-6289
- Sylvania: 971-722-4500
Chat with a librarian: