Marketing: Find Articles
The Standard and Poor's database is a useful database for market survey assignments. It includes Industry profiles, comparison of companies in key sectors, and company data including stock performance. It is limited to publicly traded companies. The Business Insights Global database also provides company profiles, and includes some information for privately held companies.
Find Articles with Google Scholar
Before searching, be sure to set PCC as your library in your browser by:
- Visiting the link to set "Library Links" settings for Google Scholar,
- using the search box to search for "Portland Community College",
- checking the check box that appears underneath the search to select “Portland Community College – Find it @ PCC”,
- and then selecting the Save button.
This will ensure that when you search Google Scholar in your browser, you will see Find It @ PCC links to full text if we have the article (Google Scholar sometimes also provides links to other free sources for full text).
You can learn more about setting Google Scholar preferences on the PCC Library Website.
Find a Specific Article
How to figure out if PCC has a specific article and (if we do) get the full-text:
- Use the PCC Library search box in the middle of the Library homepage to search for the title of the journal in which it was published (NOT the article title). TIP: If you don't know the title of the journal, try searching for the article title and the author(s) in Google to get that information.
- Find the journal title in the results list. If you find a result that says "Online Access" or "Available at" and a PCC campus location, that means it is available through the PCC Library. If it is available online, click on the Online Access link to be taken to full-text online database access for that journal. If it is available in print, click on the "Available at" link to find the location of the journal in the library.
- You should now be able to browse to the year and issue you want or to search the journal for the specific article title.
If PCC does not have access to full-text, you can request the article from another library.
Scholarly and trade journals for Marketing Browse issues in full text. Databases provide generated citations for articles, the ability to email articles, and other tools. These titles also are available on the web, but may require subscription access.
If you don't find full-text
If the article you have found in a library database doesn't have the full text right there, click on the "Find It" button to see if the article is available in full-text in another database. The "Find It" button will look like this.
If we do have it, it will take you to a page that provides you a link to the database in which the article is available (click on that link to access the article).
If we do not have it, you will see a "Get it" button to request a digital copy (PDF) of the article, which takes approximately 24 hours. The digital copy will be delivered to you via email.