WR 122 Erwert: Get Started
In this guide
This guide supports the research you will be doing for your Science and Belief project.
See below some sources useful for browsing for topic ideas. Then use the tabs to find resources for different steps of this assignment:
- Opposing Viewpoints - strategies and resources for researching opinions contrary to your own.
- Find Sources -- strategies and resources for conducting research about online education
- Presentation formats -- options for choosing a format for Part 2 of the assignment
- Citations -- resources for citing text, images, etc. in MLA and APA format
- Contact a librarian -- options for the librarian conference assignment
Choose a topic
The best topic for any assignment is one that you are curious or passionate about. You don't need to know much about the topic already, as you will gain that knowledge as part of the research process, and sometimes it helps to start fresh, free from assumptions. So start with what interests you deeply!
If it would help to browse for topic ideas, here are some sources.
Appointments with a librarian
Schedule a half hour appointment for a phone, Zoom or Google hangout conversation on a topic of your choice.