1. Take a second look! Watch for these red flags
- strange web address (example abcnews.com.co)
- no listing of the source of the picture or information
- logic-defying pictures or text
2. Do a web search to find other sources for the story. But be careful! There may be lots of sites that link to the original fake site, so unless you find the story in a trusted site, keep investigating.
3. Look for the story in a trusted fact checking site. (See below.)
5. Look for the story in a trusted news source. (See next tab.)
6. Use your own critical thinking skills. Does this story really make sense?